Partridge Lakes Open. Covey 3 Peg 73. 21/6/20.

20% chance of rain today – which means there is an 80% chance it wont. 🔆 It didn’t, hooray.
Turned up early giving me enough time for a bacon barm and a cup of coffee before booking on and getting my peg. I had peg 73 on covey 3 picked and knowing it to be an island peg wasn’t too chuffed. Had an update off fellow Burt Baits angler Stewart Jolly that he had 90lb off this peg, shallow down the track and straight across, so that was going to be my plan of attack.
Set 4 lines:
1. Left margin. 13.5m to the the vacant platform. GORTINI margin float. 0.16 mainline to 0.11 hook length to SWL #16 hook. Burt Baits 4mm hook and hair F1 expander and corn. Feeding nuggets of Burt Baits 50/50 Krill/X-pander ground bait.
2. 9m straight out. GORTINI 4×12 round body, on the deck. 0.16 mainline to 0.11 hook length to SWL #16 hook. tipple maggot. Feeding nuggets of Burt Baits 50/50 Krill/Xpander ground bait and maggot.
3. 9m straight out. GORTINI 4×10 Dibber, 6″ to 18″. 0.16 mainline to 0.11 hook length to SWL #16 hook. tipple maggot. Feeding nuggets of Burt Baits 50/50 Krill/Xpander ground bait mixed to a sloppy paste and maggot.
4. Mud line 12 – 13.5m. GORTINI margin float, 24″. 0.16 mainline to 0.11 hook length to SWL #16 hook. Burt Baits 4mm hook and hair F1 expander, corn and maggot. Feeding nuggets of Burt Baits 50/50 Krill/X-pander ground bait.
Fed the left margin with a couple of cups of Burt Baits ground bait 50/50 Krill/Xpander and corn. Started off on the mud line for nothing in 20 minutes, switched to my left margin and had nothing with corn, switched to triple maggot and had a nice 1.5lb F1, stayed on this line for 40 mins picking off several F1 all under 2lb. I was hand feeding the 9m line with maggot while fishing the left margin. Went out with the GORTINI 4×12 on the deck and this was quickly seen to be doing nothing, I could see the F1’s coming up in the water to intercept the hand fed maggot, switched to the GORTINI 4×10 dibber @ 18″ and had 2 or 3 in the next 20 mins, I could see the F1 coming up for the maggot I was hand feeding but not really interested by the hook bait at @18″ pulled up to 12″ and then 6″ where I was getting some good mirror and common along with the F1’s. Rotated my lines during the match and my clicker had ~45lb, not a huge haul but I was happy with that. All out sounded and I started to pack up. As the weigh team came towards my peg I released my net and like a clutz I stood on my EPS bait box I have full of water and slipped, my right foot and leg went in and I let go of my net so I could grab my box and stop myself falling in!! Got my net back and lost all but 12lb odd of fish. I wasn’t going to break the scales anyway and was no where in the rankings, but haste and clumsiness just let me down.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s